Files selected in Plain View cannot be dropped sometimes on a third party software

Bugs and issues.
Forez

Files selected in Plain View cannot be dropped sometimes on a third party software

#1 Post by Forez » 30.04.2018, 20:49

As it comes out, the Plain View mode has some issues. I have already described it in detail on the forum of Mp3tag [https://community.mp3tag.de/t/cannot-dr ... der/41567/], but it comes down to this: some third party software [like Mp3tag or Media Player Classic] will not allow you to drop more than one file selected in Plain View mode- if those files happen to reside in some sub-folder [while files stored in parent folder that were selected & dragged & dropped via Plain View do not impose such limitation]

And to quote the developer of Mp3tag:
Getting data via
FORMATETC etc = {CF_HDROP, nullptr, DVASPECT_CONTENT, -1, TYMED_HGLOBAL};
works while
FORMATETC etc = {CF_HDROP, nullptr, DVASPECT_CONTENT, -1, TYMED_HGLOBAL | TYMED_MFPICT};
doesn't. Seems to be overly restrictive, but no problem to workaround.

Forez

Re: Files selected in Plain View cannot be dropped sometimes on a third party software

#3 Post by Forez » 30.05.2018, 19:08

Marek wrote: 30.04.2018, 21:52 It works currently if you deactivate the option "Use blocking transfer..."
That checks out

I decided to turn it off. Because if it is turned on I need to start dragging with w CTRL- and because of that it takes me more time and is more complex; thus less user friendly [convenient]. But that is just me- somebody may need the opposite; for which you have accommodated by making it a definable option

Forez

Re: Files selected in Plain View cannot be dropped sometimes on a third party software

#4 Post by Forez » 15.06.2018, 14:39

Forez wrote: 30.05.2018, 19:08
Marek wrote: 30.04.2018, 21:52 It works currently if you deactivate the option "Use blocking transfer..."
That checks out

I decided to turn it off.
[...]
And then I had to revert to initial settings, as other things started to work in a different way. So I am back to square one

Forez

#5 Post by Forez » 22.06.2018, 13:46

In regards to Mp3tag: newer versions, supposedly starting with 2.87d, contain some kind of workaround that takes care of this issue

I can attest that in Mp3tag version 2.88a there is no longer problem with that kind of selection from FC being dropped on it