Operations Queue error

Bugs and issues.
bisherbas

Operations Queue error

#1 Post by bisherbas » 16.03.2017, 15:19

Use FreeCOmmander radio button is active for Delete/Copy/Move in File/folder operations > General tab. However, in the Operations Queue tab the following message appears:

Operation queue works only if the option "Use FreeCommander" from the tab General is used.

I made sure to click on the Apply buttons and restarted FreeCommander. No luck.

Thanks.

FreeCommander XE 2017 Build 740 32-bit public.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Operations Queue error

#2 Post by Dreamer » 16.03.2017, 21:39

Where is the problem? The Queue option doesn't work, or you have any error message? That message is just a note, it doesn't mean that it's not enabled.

Please try to use it, select any large file, hit F5, click the "Queue" button.

Perhaps the similar message is needed also for the General tab...

"The option "Use FreeCommander" works only with F5/F6, splitter Copy/Move buttons, it doesn't work with Ctrl+X/C/V and drag&drop."

Of course, the Queue works with F5/F6 / splitter buttons only, too.

bisherbas

#3 Post by bisherbas » 17.03.2017, 00:27

Problem is that the copy window is not auto minimized

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 17.03.2017, 01:01

OK, first, make sure you are using FC operations option for copy/move and only splitter copy/move buttons, or F5/F6.

The splitter buttons work good, but F5/F6 need to be re-configured in menu > Tools > Define keyboard shortcuts...

Type "copy" in the filter and change the shortcut "Copy: Copy" to F5 ("Copy: Copy with dialog" to Shift+F5). The same for "move". Tested with default settings.

The option "Auto minimize when starting the operation" is a bit confusing and doesn't work with any buttons/shortcuts.

If you want to use also the Queue by default, in the Settings > File/folder operations > Operations Queue > check the option "Make Queue button as default in the operation dialog".

bisherbas

#5 Post by bisherbas » 17.03.2017, 01:55

Dreamer wrote:OK, first, make sure you are using FC operations option for copy/move and only splitter copy/move buttons, or F5/F6.

The splitter buttons work good, but F5/F6 need to be re-configured in menu > Tools > Define keyboard shortcuts...

Type "copy" in the filter and change the shortcut "Copy: Copy" to F5 ("Copy: Copy with dialog" to Shift+F5). The same for "move". Tested with default settings.

The option "Auto minimize when starting the operation" is a bit confusing and doesn't work with any buttons/shortcuts.

If you want to use also the Queue by default, in the Settings > File/folder operations > Operations Queue > check the option "Make Queue button as default in the operation dialog".
I changed the keyboard shortcuts as suggested but when I press F5 Copy window appears in the middle and I have to minimize manually. Also I noticed that "Open queue dialog minimized" option is greyed out. I am unable to check the box. It seems checked by itself but greyed out.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#6 Post by Dreamer » 17.03.2017, 22:46

I tested with default settings and it works, probably the order is important, try this with default settings...

1. Menu - Tools - Settings - File/folder operations - tab General - set "Use FreeCommander" for delete/copy/move operations
2. Hit F5, switch to 3rd tab "Settings" and enable the option "Auto minimize when starting the operation", then click the "Save" button, click the Queue button to copy.
3. Do the same with F6 / move.
4. Now change F5/F6 in menu > Tools > Define keyboard shortcuts...
5. Now use F5/F6, dialog should not appear.

"Open queue dialog minimized" option can't be used together with the other option "Queue status bar vizible", you need to disable this option first.

I suggest to use the option "Make Queue button as default in the operation dialog", you will be able to copy/move items with a single click/key, if you copy another item, it will be automatically added to queue.

bisherbas

#7 Post by bisherbas » 19.03.2017, 08:19

Dreamer wrote:I tested with default settings and it works, probably the order is important, try this with default settings...

1. Menu - Tools - Settings - File/folder operations - tab General - set "Use FreeCommander" for delete/copy/move operations
2. Hit F5, switch to 3rd tab "Settings" and enable the option "Auto minimize when starting the operation", then click the "Save" button, click the Queue button to copy.
3. Do the same with F6 / move.
4. Now change F5/F6 in menu > Tools > Define keyboard shortcuts...
5. Now use F5/F6, dialog should not appear.

"Open queue dialog minimized" option can't be used together with the other option "Queue status bar vizible", you need to disable this option first.

I suggest to use the option "Make Queue button as default in the operation dialog", you will be able to copy/move items with a single click/key, if you copy another item, it will be automatically added to queue.
Excellent! Works now. Thanks.