.LNK Files

Discussion, questions and support.
My712thLoginHandle

.LNK Files

#1 Post by My712thLoginHandle » 26.08.2016, 05:01

I have a folder I copied all my Windows 10 shortcuts from my Start Menu. Now all the links work find from it. So the examples be Administrative Tools. They all work. I copy the folder to a different location, and only some of the icons work. Defrag works, Monitor works, but Memory Diags and System Configuration. Even if I execute them, from FC, where they originally are, same result. I click and nothing. However, I go to those paths in Windows Explorer or Explorer++, and the links work still. Only FC will not execute them.
Any thoughts as to why?
Thanks.
I reply as fast as I can at times, else it could be days/weeks/months. What you call resurrecting posts, I call "responding on my time."

joby_toss

Re: .LNK Files

#2 Post by joby_toss » 28.08.2016, 17:51

FC XE 32 bit doesn't have direct access to all the system tools from Win 10 64 bit (wild guess here, as you didn't mention any version you're using): http://www.freecommander.com/fchelpxe/e ... wsx64.html

My712thLoginHandle

#3 Post by My712thLoginHandle » 07.09.2016, 13:41

Yes, W10, sorry...
I will look over the link. See if a work around works for me. If not, might not be too big a deal as long as they work otherwise.

I use Classic Shell, and when W10 came out, they changed "Accessories" to "Windows Accessories" and it took me a long time to get the name changed correctly (because it kept saying it already existed). Then they changed it back to "Windows Accessories" and I no longer and do my WIN-P-A method. So, I am trying to make a new PROGRAMS folder (probably called PROGRAM so it is on top of Start Menu). When I was working on it, that is when I realized I had some issues with links.

Question... does the 64bit version of FC work fine then in this area of links?

Thanks for the info.
I reply as fast as I can at times, else it could be days/weeks/months. What you call resurrecting posts, I call "responding on my time."

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss » 07.09.2016, 19:12

My712thLoginHandle wrote:Question... does the 64bit version of FC work fine then in this area of links?
Yes, it does work on my system (XE727x64 on win10x64au).