Download dialog appears when just selecting a file! [SOLVED]

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
h-h

Download dialog appears when just selecting a file! [SOLVED]

#1 Post by h-h » 02.09.2015, 02:47

Hello,

when I just select some files types, two dialogs appear (translated):
  • File download
  • File download - security warning
Then, I have the possibility to open, save or cancel. Among the file types are:
  • .pl
  • .pdf
I'm not browsing the Internet, I'm browsing my hard disk! And moreover, I'm just selecting! What's that about?

There have been some other threads about this in the past:
  • They have a large amount of bad English hard to understand
  • They are old, so one might think the issues should have been resolved
  • They talk about quickview applications, which I have none of
Here they are: (FreeCommander XE 2015 Build 685 32-bit public
Windows 8.1)
Last edited by h-h on 02.09.2015, 11:36, edited 2 times in total.

joby_toss

Re: File download dialog appears when just selecting a file!

#2 Post by joby_toss » 02.09.2015, 07:41

Sounds like your Quick viewer panel is opened (and maybe you made its window very small, so you missed it). Hit Ctrl+Q to close it.

h-h

#3 Post by h-h » 02.09.2015, 11:35

Thanks! That solved it. It was residing below the second files view which I have resized out of view.

Anyway, why in the world is a download window appearing when using a file browser? As far as I can see, that should never happen. It's just strange.

Another problem I encountered is that the second files view (resized out of view) may have opened a folder I want to rename or delete. Then, I'm told that "some application" still has this folder in use. But I haven't browsed to that folder in the second files view!

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss » 02.09.2015, 20:46

h-h wrote:Anyway, why in the world is a download window appearing when using a file browser?
Because you have no plugins able to read those files. You can remove them from the Viewer settings (or use a plugin like sLister, for example):

h-h wrote:Another problem I encountered is that the second files view (resized out of view) may have opened a folder I want to rename or delete. Then, I'm told that "some application" still has this folder in use. But I haven't browsed to that folder in the second files view!
You can avoid this by using One panel view option (F10 shortcut) instead of resizing the window.

h-h

#5 Post by h-h » 02.09.2015, 21:15

joby_toss wrote:
h-h wrote:Anyway, why in the world is a download window appearing when using a file browser?
Because you have no plugins able to read those files. You can remove them from the Viewer settings (or use a plugin like sLister, for example):
That's good to know. Thanks for the effort.
joby_toss wrote:
h-h wrote:Another problem I encountered is that the second files view (resized out of view) may have opened a folder I want to rename or delete. Then, I'm told that "some application" still has this folder in use. But I haven't browsed to that folder in the second files view!
You can avoid this by using One panel view option (F10 shortcut) instead of resizing the window.
I didn't know of this option. It will be my default.