Attribute clear/search

Suggestions and feature requests.
tomxp411

Attribute clear/search

#1 Post by tomxp411 » 03.04.2015, 02:12

I use FreeCommander to help with my programming work. I often move source files into a VM from a folder that has my local TFS workspace, and when I have finished what I'm working on, I copy the changes back to the TFS workspace, then switch back to the host and check the files in.

Part of my workflow, to make sure I've handled all the files, is to use clear the Archive and Read-Only attributes when I copy files over to the VM for editing. When it's time to check files in, I search for files with the Archive attribute set and copy those back to the TFS workspace on the host. To make this easier, I wrote my own utility that resets all of the files in my work directory, then later searches for files with the Archive attribute set, so I know what to check back in.

Since I've started using FC, I'd love to see something like that built in.

There's already a search dialog, and it takes attributes into account... so all I really need is a way to reset attributes during the file copy.

So my specific suggestion is as follows:

In the Copy dialog, add check boxes to reset file attributes: "Reset Archive" and "Reset Read-Only." This would reset those attributes when the files are copied over to the destination directory. (Might as well have the option to reset System and Hidden, while we're at it.)