Folder>Filter FreeCommander XE 2015 Build 680 public beta

Discussion and questions - donor version.
offpath

Folder>Filter FreeCommander XE 2015 Build 680 public beta

#1 Post by offpath » 23.01.2015, 17:10

Win7 x64

I apologize if I am not understanding the logic correctly. This is probably a request for a new feature. I'd love to hear corrections or better work-arounds.

I would like to be able to set a temp filter (in the left list) for
- all tabs that are sub folders of the tab (A) in which I set the filter, but NOT filter any other open tabs in the left list.

This assumes that I am working in the left list, and that the right list is too crowded with other types of work, and so not available. It also assumes that I am already working in the left list with folders & sub folders that are not necessarily part of the same folder-subfolder root branch: Main folder A, sub folders A1, A1.1, etc., all containing both *.wav and *.pk files, and main folder B, with sub folders B1, B2.1, B3.1.1, etc., all containing *.mp3 files.

I suddenly need to filter (*.wav) only the A group, to filter out the *.pk files. I don't want the filter to make the *.mp3 files invisible in their (separate) tabs, and that's my problem.

It appears that the closest I can come to filtering only a main folder and its subs, is to set a temp filter for
- all currently open tabs (options all tabs; NOT both lists), which will filter the tabs for main folder (A) and its sub folders A1, A1.1, etc., BUT which will ALSO filter (wrongly) tabs for folder B and its subs.
- Then, subsequently, I have to re-open the NOT-A (B) folders in new tabs (go to B tabs, hit ^t, creating new, UN-filtered B tabs), and then, for real estate reasons, close the original B (wrongly filtered) tabs.