Folder/file Syncronise

Discussion, questions and support.
MikeGB

Folder/file Syncronise

#1 Post by MikeGB » 06.02.2014, 13:52

I have been trying to use syncronise and wondered if there was any way to update one side that FC marks files as 'unequal files'.
The sync dialog has "Files which exist on both sides" which would seem to be the tool for the job but the "copy with overwrite" box is grayed-out and can't be selected. I have tried with several sets of folders on different drives, removable drives and a NAS drive but the copy with overwrite box never becomes active.

Cancel that, I had not tried right-clicking on the file list and have discovered the other options.

mariosky

Re: Folder/file Syncronise

#2 Post by mariosky » 09.02.2014, 11:09

Hello,
I would ask about the possibility of comparing files individually. Now compares several files at once. I have a big problem when checking DVDs.
Greetings.

MikeGB

Re: Folder/file Syncronise

#3 Post by MikeGB » 09.02.2014, 12:04

It wasn't the content of individual files I was comparing/syncronising but when comparing things like document folders on different devices and then updating one folder if the other folder had files of the same name but possibly a different date or size. I hadn't tried enough things when I posted the question as I found the right-click options in the comparison window, which took care of it.