Items color setting problem

Discussion, questions and support.
RonRen

Items color setting problem

#1 Post by RonRen » 09.01.2014, 05:02

I am not sure if this is a bug or something I am doing wrong so I just posted it in General Discussion.

I have been using V2009.02b for quite some find it very useful. I am using Win XP SP3. I have installed the new XE version to try it out, with the old version still installed. I set different colors for various file types as this makes file manipilation much easier. When I set the different colours in XE under View/File/Folder List/Items colour, the colours are accepted OK by the program when I pick Apply, but they do not change in the Panes.

Is there some other setting that I must select to make this work?

joby_toss

Re: Items color setting problem

#2 Post by joby_toss » 09.01.2014, 08:01

Just tried this with FC XE 650 and default settings and there were no problems.
Here is an example for Directory (works just the same with custom file types):

Please, try and download the portable version and see if it works OK then (it doesn't modify your system... just don't extract it in Program Files): http://www.freecommander.com/FreeComman ... rtable.zip

RonRen

#3 Post by RonRen » 10.01.2014, 04:45

Thanks for that, but that is not the area that has failed for me. In the pane below the one you have used, it is called "color by file type" and this is the one that does not work for me. The one you have shown works OK for me too.

joby_toss

#4 Post by joby_toss » 10.01.2014, 07:17

As I said in my previous message, that works fine, too.
Did you try the portable version with default settings?

Chanel

#5 Post by Chanel » 12.01.2014, 12:46

I had a problem changing colors. If I selected a new color from the standard table then clicked Apply the color would change.

If I selected more colors, a new color table dropped down and I could select a new color or use the slider to change the color. Once a color was selected and the OK button pressed the display returned to the smaller color table . If Apply was pressed the color would not change.

If I click on the color square at the bottom right hand corner of the table before pressing Apply, the color changes to the new color.

Regards

RonRen

#6 Post by RonRen » 15.01.2014, 00:03

Thank you for the fix. Of course it was me at fault. I had omitted the * before the .filetype. Now works fine.