Button to select backup files to reset in personal config.

Suggestions and feature requests.
sdb

Button to select backup files to reset in personal config.

#1 Post by sdb » 26.03.2012, 21:30

I still think that there should be a "Button to select backup files to reset Freecommander XE in custom mode" after eg. installation on a new computer. In doing so, a complete set up with personal settings could be done only using FreeCommander XE.

It would be much more comfortable to select the files and eg. after a restart the personal settings would be set.

I am too lazy :-) to use Windows explorer to copy the backup files in the appdata folder. Furthermore I have to check the option "display system files" in Windows Explorer to have access to the appdata folder.

Scott_Y

Re: Button to select backup files to reset in personal confi

#2 Post by Scott_Y » 27.03.2012, 02:23

Under General Settings in FC XE, you can specify a path for where you want the backups to be located; I have mine in the appdata folder and that may even be the default. You can also choose to save settings automatically on exit, to backup automatically and how often, and how many backups to save.

sdb

#3 Post by sdb » 06.04.2012, 15:25

this seems to be resolved in the new 584 XE version

program start/configuration file/ "Lade die Konfigurationsdateien aus dem Ordner"

I hope it does work. Did not test it yet.

Thats makes things a lot easier.

sdb

#4 Post by sdb » 06.04.2012, 18:05

hmmm but it does not work when I use "folgender ordner" to restore my personal configuration.

It only works when I use doublecommander to copy the wcx.ini and .ini in the appdata folder (when the appdata folder is selected) and then startup Freecommander.

Maybe this has something to do with the autosave settings mode.

to deselect the autosave settings manually does not work too (push on button and apply)

I believe that the new feature is in the beta status.

sdb

#5 Post by sdb » 06.04.2012, 23:12

thanks marek for clarification:

Hallo sdb,

danke für die ...., aber die neue Funktion ist nicht für die Wiederherstellung von Einstellungen.
Die neue Option sagt nur aus welchem Ordner sollen beim Programmstart die Einstellungen gelesen werden.

Eine Wiederherstellung-Funktion für die Einstellungen plane ich aber wohl im nächsten Monat.

Viele Grüße