Desktop Folder Automatically Appears In Multiple INI Setups

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
thisguycecil

Desktop Folder Automatically Appears In Multiple INI Setups

#1 Post by thisguycecil » 22.10.2014, 00:37

Hello.

Am running the portable version of FCXE 673 with multiple INI setups. Followed the tutorial to get three different user profiles created. Each user clicks their own customized icon to open their respective setup of FCXE. This flexibility looks and works great because I can direct the folders for the multiple users to the drive volume of my choice, instead of the default location. The INI files get updated at the expected custom locations when the selected user opens their customized FCXE environment.

However I think I probably don't have this configured properly. Specifically, whenever one of these alternate user profiles is opened, the folder for the Windows desktop is always displayed in one of the panes. This would override the original custom folder location in that pane.

It gets even wierder because even if I lock the tab, say, to folder D:\Temp, close FCXE and then re-open it the Windows desktop folder appears again, even inside the locked tab. The problem remains whether I use a single pane, dual pane, horizontal or vertical split, select to 'always keep one tab open' or turn it off.

I have tried leaving the settings ON for automatic save on exit, or turning them off and using manual save. Is this a settings problem?

In Settings | Start Program | Configuration Folder I have selected 'Following folder' and pointed it to the alternate location for the target user: F:\FCXE_Config\Users\User1. I have also tried leaving it at the default 'FreeCommander install folder'.

This automatic Windows desktop folder problem does not happen if I do not use the multiple INI setup.

How do I solve this problem for the multiple INI scenario? Is it a bug or have I just not got this complex setup done properly?

Thanks in advance for your assistance.

thisguycecil

Re: Desktop Folder Automatically Appears In Multiple INI Set

#2 Post by thisguycecil » 25.10.2014, 21:09

Hello.

An update. Can confirm same behaviour with FCXE x64 in Windows 7 64-bit environment.

In short, the Desktop folder always shows up automatically in a tab when FCXE opens under a custom INI environment. If a tab is locked, the Desktop folder overwrites the locked folder.

Is this a bug? Or a configuration issue?

thisguycecil

Re: Desktop Folder Automatically Appears In Multiple INI Set

#3 Post by thisguycecil » 14.05.2015, 02:42

Hello.

Just a very late update: Good news. Problem resolved since version 690. Thanks.