[Solved]:Organize favorite folders with "favorite toolbars"

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
matameko

[Solved]:Organize favorite folders with "favorite toolbars"

#1 Post by matameko » 26.08.2014, 07:04

• Currently it is possible to organize favorite folders in the "Favorites tree"
  • However, I would prefer to organize my favorite folders in a custom toolbar, since this would "save space" and my navigation tree would stay where it is without "Favorite tree". This alternative for the organization of favorite folders would be similar to the favorite toolbar in Firefox.
  • It is already possible to add favorite programs to the "favorite toolbar" (Tools =>Favorite tools=>Edit favorite tools)
  • In order to be able to use the "favorite toolbar" not only for tools, but also for folders, I suggest following new behaviors:
    • If in the tools only a start folder is specified and not a program, this folder is shown in the FreeCommander if the according toolbar button is clicked. Currently the folder is opened with the system editor (Windows Explorer in my case) and not with the FreeCommander.
    • If in the tools only a start folder is specified, currently the item is not shown as a sub item of a category in the toolbar. It will only be shown if a program is specified. So please change the items of a category to be valid and shown, even if only the start folder is specified and not the program.
Finally it would look like this for a single category and a single favorite folder:
Last edited by matameko on 26.08.2014, 15:24, edited 1 time in total.

Karol

Re: Organize favorite folders with "favorite toolbars"

#2 Post by Karol » 26.08.2014, 07:55

For me everything you have described works already fine with favorite toolbars.

matameko

#3 Post by matameko » 26.08.2014, 09:11

Hm. I use FreeCommander XE 2014 Build 650. You too?

How did you activate the item inside the category even if no program is specified?
Or did you enter the FreeCommander as program or so?

Edit: I tried a version from 2009 that i found as chip download and with that version it works fine. So I will use that old version until a new release includes those old features again.
(If somebody knows the "newest old version" where these features are still included and where to download it, this would be nice.)

Karol

#4 Post by Karol » 26.08.2014, 11:51

Simply define in "Program" field the folder only.

matameko

#5 Post by matameko » 26.08.2014, 15:23

Ahhh! :oops: Thanks a lot!