Acronis .tib file browsing

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
johnswolter

Acronis .tib file browsing

#1 Post by johnswolter » 27.08.2012, 05:13

Acronis True Image Home 2012 creates .tib archives which can be browsed using Windows Explorer. I found I could at least open the tib's but the browsing does not work completely. I open a folder where there is a .tib file and then in the tree-panel click into the sub-folders until the 2nd or 3nd level where the focus jumps to the Desktop folder.

I then repeat that process and again it jumps up to Desktop folder. Win-Explorer allows me to move to any depth of tib archive's sub-folders with ease. This feature is installed with Acronis. As we know W-Explr does not have the various Copy/Move features of F-C XE.

I do not expect to be able to Move or Copy files/folders within an archive. It would be good to be able to Copy from an archive to a normal file system.

BTW have you look at Ext22Fsd http://www.ext2fsd.com/?page_id=2. That allows full Windows acess to major LINUX filesystems. No file manager has yet created an effective tool to translate attributes and secuity criteria between the two file systems.

Cheers,
John S Wolter