Multirename - failing to close dialog after rename

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
Philip Goddard

Multirename - failing to close dialog after rename

#1 Post by Philip Goddard » 18.02.2012, 10:07

In Multirename, when I first set the option "Close dialog after rename" I tested it and it worked.

Since then it has not worked, and I have to click on the Close button to close the dialog. I have checked each time that the option is still set in the Options menu.

Apart from that I've had no problem with the function, but then my particular use of it is very basic, so I am not noticing bugs that others may report.

Later note:
Just remembered - there is another, associated malfunction. When I have exited Multirename after its failure to close automatically after rename, I cannot then drag/drop the renamed file into a subdirectory as I normally can. What happens when I try is that I get the file rename dialog instead. That happened again just now, though once I'd changed focus to here (i.e. in my Firefox browser) and then went back to there, I could then drag/drop the file into the subdirectory.
--[url=http://www.philipgoddard.com/index.htm]Philip[/url]

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Multirename - failing to close dialog after rename

#2 Post by Marek » 19.02.2012, 17:36

It is fixed in 579.

Philip Goddard

Re: Multirename - failing to close dialog after rename

#3 Post by Philip Goddard » 19.02.2012, 18:07

Brilliant - many thanks!

I've just tested with one file, and, yes, it does appear to be working consistently, though I'm still finding that there is an intermittent unwillingness to respond to an attempt to drag/drop the renamed file into a sub-directory. It works sometimes just fine, but other times it seems not to notice my drag/drop attempt. I guess as the behaviour is intermittent it might be not so easy to pin down and fix!
--[url=http://www.philipgoddard.com/index.htm]Philip[/url]