Command line params /Ini, /NewIni

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
Alex

Command line params /Ini, /NewIni

#1 Post by Alex » 21.10.2007, 14:39

Command line params:
FreeCommander.exe start FC with plugins and use FreeCommander.ini file

FreeCommander.exe /NewIni=FCTest.ini /NoPlugins start FC without plugins and create always new FCTest.ini settings file (delete any existing FCTest.ini file before)

FreeCommander.exe /Ini=FCTest.ini /NoPlugins start FC without plugins and use existing FCTest.ini settings file
Empty file path means FC folder.
Last edited by Alex on 21.10.2007, 17:18, edited 2 times in total.
[size=92][url=http://www.uvviewsoft.com]Universal Viewer[/url]
[url=http://www.uvviewsoft.com/logviewer/]Log Viewer[/url][/size]

Dreamer
Site Admin

#2 Post by Dreamer » 21.10.2007, 16:52

I support this request. It would be very useful when testing bugs with default settings and without plugins. I'm not sure how it should work exactly...

FreeCommander.exe should start FC with plugins and use FreeCommander.ini file and...

FreeCommander.exe /I=New.ini /NoPlugins should start FC without plugins and create new New.ini settings file, right? But when I change some option and start FC with the same parameters? New New.ini file will be created / old will be deleted?

If so, I suggest another parameter, because we need to use default settings, change few options and restart FC to test some bug, so here is my suggestion (I have changes New.ini to FCTest.ini, perhaps you can find a better name, it's not so important):

FreeCommander.exe start FC with plugins and use FreeCommander.ini file

FreeCommander.exe /NewIni=FCTest.ini /NoPlugins start FC without plugins and create always new FCTest.ini settings file (delete any existing FCTest.ini file before)

FreeCommander.exe /Ini=FCTest.ini /NoPlugins start FC without plugins and use existing FCTest.ini settings file

Of course, the new instance of FC should be started always.

I have a special FC folder to test bugs with default settings now, but I have to update both folders for each new version and delete the ini file often. With the suggestions above we could just create two shortcuts.

Alex

#3 Post by Alex » 21.10.2007, 17:12

FreeCommander.exe /I=New.ini /NoPlugins should start FC without plugins and create new New.ini settings file, right?
Should use the New.ini, if it exists, or create new if it doesn't exist.
Like in TC.

Support!

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 21.10.2007, 17:59

Alex wrote:
FreeCommander.exe /I=New.ini /NoPlugins should start FC without plugins and create new New.ini settings file, right?
Should use the New.ini, if it exists, or create new if it doesn't exist.
Like in TC.
Yes, but we'd still have to enter that dir and delete the ini often, therefore my new suggestions. :)

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 23.10.2007, 20:58

Alex wrote:

Support!
Added in the (beta) test version, not released yet. Works perfect! Thanks Marek. :)

Closed.