Apologies, I don't see a better subforum for my issues. This is not a bug report, but a request for help troubleshooting without loosing my settings, but I doubt my settings are very extensive or complex compared to others on the forum. (I'd like to avoid re-creating favorites & color settings by both file/folder date and by file type. I do have extensive backups, though, of many portable FC versions). My fear is that I have corrupted some settings files and that it won't be possilbe to determine which backup files are free of corruption.
SPECS & HISTORY, CONTEXT:
Portable FreeCommander XE 2019 Build 806 64-bit donor, Windows 10 64-bit 15063.rs2 1703
- I went from from FC v.798 to v800 to v806, and the problems began during v.800.
- i have no plug-ins, unless we count Everything.exe with the accompanying script [* see below *].
- The errors do NOT occur via FC v.806 [FreeCommanderXE-64-donor_portable_806.zip] when unzipped and launched as a virgin copy. I tried that because my system rejects your command line [/N /NewIni=%FcSrcPath%\TestSettings\FreeCommander.ini /NoPlugins /Lng=English] - "/N" unrecognized, which I tried in admin cmd prompt, via PowerRun_x64, and the FC Dos Box.
Below are my 3 RECURRING ERRORS.
1. Error & can't drag files sometimes; error comes as soon as i start to move after a left click-and-hold with mouse.
==> error is: FreeCommander - Drag operation failed (GetDataObjectFromIndexList): The parameter is incorrect
- i CAN sometimes perform this in FC error-free AFTER manually applying sorting to the directory in which the error occurred.
- can't drag and drop a file from 7-zip (7z file manager) into a folder open in FC
- [i don't use explorer, but i CAN do this all within Everything search results GUI, just not within FC]
2. Error & can't copy a folder btwn directories/panes unless the folder has a file inside it; empties won't produce an error but nothing ends up in the destination.
==>error is: FreeCommander - Operation failed : %PATH%\FileName.Ext
3. Error & can't create new folder sometimes, or rename an existing one.
==>Error is: FreeCommander - Operation failed : %PATH%\FileName.Ext
- error persists across manual sort of directory, unlike in the error when dragging
Proabably unrelated problems:
- (every folder opens unsorted and requires, for example, clicking the Name column header Twice for increasing alphabetic sort.)
- (as i pass the cursor over items in the file list panes, active or inactive, the item names change font color, a color that is hard to read over the the background color which does not change. I can find no setting to correct this, and I can find no color setting where I have used this font color.)
Thank you to anyone who can help!
* fyi *
The Everything script is acutally kept in the Everything app folder, so not really installed in FC. It looks like this:
Code: Select all
@echo off Setlocal EnableDelayedExpansion set filenames= for /f "usebackq tokens=*" %%A in ("%1") do ( set filenames=!filenames! "%%A" ) rem echo %filenames% "Everything.exe" -rename %filenames%