787 Win10 Samsung Galaxy S7 MTP: strange behavior

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
dsperber

787 Win10 Samsung Galaxy S7 MTP: strange behavior

#1 Post by dsperber » 24.11.2018, 17:10

Just noticed odd behavior trying to access the external storage card on my Samsung Galaxy S7 phone, connected via USB cable to my Win10 laptop running 1803. USB drivers to support Samsung are from 2016, so I don't know what might have caused the new odd behavior.

I'm trying to access the JPG pictures on the external storage card of the phone, within the \DCIM\Camera folder on the card.

(1) The phone shows up seemingly normally from FCXE 787 (selecting 0 to show the Desktop and then navigating to This PC and expanding). It appears properly as an MTP device should, and as the phone always has before. If I expand the phone there are two sub-folders: card and phone, as there should be.

But If I then click on the sub-folder word "card" the "Desktop" word at the top of the Explorer pane lights up, even though I didn't select it. And over in the details pane the contents of the [selected] desktop appear, not the contents of the "card" which is what I really selected.

(2) If I click on the expansion arrow to the left of the word "card", the storage card contents do expand, but only in the Explorer pane. The word "card" gets selected in blue, but the "Desktiop" also remains selected. And the details pane shows the contents of the Desktop, not the contents of the card.

(3) If I then click on the sub-folder word "DCIM", FCXE magically duplicates this into a second DCIM sub-folder under the phone (i.e. a third sub-folder under the phone, after the "phone" subfolder). The details pane shows the contents of this duplicated DCIM folder (i.e. \Camera).

(4) Finally, if I click on the expansion arrow to the left of the first sub-folder word "DCIM" it will drop down and show the \Camera sub-folder. And the second DCIM sub-folder will also expand. If I then click on the first Camera sub-folder the second \Camera sub-folder gets selected and the details pane shows its contents (which is really a duplicate of the first one).

What is going on?

C

Marek
Author
Author

Re: 787 Win10 Samsung Galaxy S7 MTP: strange behavior

#2 Post by Marek » 25.11.2018, 15:34

I can not reproduce it with Galaxy A3 2016 and Windows 10.