Name column sort anomaly

Bugs and other issues or requests which have been resolved.
coyote

Name column sort anomaly

#1 Post by coyote » 22.08.2018, 17:51

An odd behavior began with FreeCommanderXE2018 32-bit donor Build 781 (and continues 782).

First, I've configured FC on my computers with a Windows Explorer look (which I like, but of course Explorer can't do a folder-size column).

If in the left pane I select "Computer" (Win7Pro32-bit)/"This PC" (Win8.1Pro32-bit), when FC starts, the Name column sort works differently (and in a new way) than it (had and still) does after I *manually* sort on the Name column.

I'm finding this very inconvenient because it means the drive letter rows no longer all sort together (only as issue for my Win8.1 FC). In short, FC used to start with the sort I now would need to do manually. (One wild guess is that maybe now, post b780,I need to re-create the separate column-profile I needed to use for this "PC view"? I haven't tried doing so because in the past column-profiles have been easy for me to mess up badly.)

To illustrate this I'll provide screenshots, for FC on both computers, before/after this manual resort:

coyote

Re: Name column sort anomaly

#2 Post by coyote » 04.12.2018, 16:11

I am delighted to find
(and surprised, since it was not mentioned in the list of changes)
that FreeCommanderXE-32-donor_setup788 has resolved this slightly inconvenient issue, thank you very much!!