Synchronization - Question mark and unequal files issue

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Jesko

Synchronization - Question mark and unequal files issue

#1 Post by Jesko » 03.03.2018, 22:13

Hi,

I am using FreeCommander XE 2018 Build 771 64-bit donor, Windows 10 64-bit.
2 issues when synchronizing 2 directories:
1. Why everything is marked with an question mark? I tested the same directory multiple times. Also restarted FC.
2. If I click on "Backup of the left side" it should mark the files which are on both sides to be copied to the right side, shouldn't it? However, as you can see, it doesn't.
Capture.PNG

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Synchronization - Question mark and unequal files issue

#2 Post by Marek » 04.03.2018, 08:56

1. The question mark means that the files have the same properties but the function could not determine which is newer. This is the case if date was not selected as the comparison criterion.
Question mark can also appear, if generally what did not work in the function.
2. The items with question mark are ignored in that step. The function can not determine copy direction.

Jesko

#3 Post by Jesko » 04.03.2018, 11:32

Thanks Marek for your fast answer. Ticking the "Comparing by DATE" function did the trick.

However, If I click on "Backup of the left side" I would also expect that if a file is shown as "unequal" it should be overwritten on the right side by the one on the left side.
And the function "Compare by Name, Size" seems a little bit broken. Because the file was previously copied from left to right side with FC. And now it shows me the question mark. Or maybe this is because the drive on the right side is bitlocked?

Cheers,
Jesko

Marek
Author
Author

#4 Post by Marek » 04.03.2018, 23:08

And the function "Compare by Name, Size" seems a little bit broken. Because the file was previously copied from left to right side with FC. And now it shows me the question mark. Or maybe this is because the drive on the right side is bitlocked?
It does not matter which program copied the files. The function always does this in the same way.