591 - Column Profile not being applied to all tabs

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
JimW

591 - Column Profile not being applied to all tabs

#1 Post by JimW » 21.08.2012, 17:36

I created a Column Profile so I could make all my tabs have the same layout. It works perfectly, but only if the amount of objects in the folder exceeds the size of the panel itself.

For example... I have dual panels split horizontally, each can display about 12 objects. If I enter a folder that has 13 or more objects the Column Profile works properly. However, if the folder as 11 or fewer objects the columns are just random sizes, and my Column Profile is completely ignoring.

The bottom panel shows my Column Profile correctly applied; the columns are exactly where I want them. The top panel shows my Column Profile being ignored, so the columns are not the width I want them to be. It seems the problem only happens if the number of objects is less than the size of the panel. It almost appears to be related to the scroll bar; if there isn't one in a panel the Column Profile is ignored.

I'm using Windows 7 32 bit, fully patched and up to date.

JimW

RESOLVED

#2 Post by JimW » 23.08.2012, 20:36

I found that the option Autosize for "Name" column in my Custom Column setting was checked. Not sure why this exists as a separate option, instead of being part of the Width setting itself. Perhaps it's worth changing it so entering a 0 for the Width would do the same thing.