846: F5/F6 from smart phone (S21 Ultra) "selected items cannot be copied"

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
dsperber

846: F5/F6 from smart phone (S21 Ultra) "selected items cannot be copied"

#1 Post by dsperber » 23.05.2021, 17:38

This problem has been around for a long time, through many older versions of FCXE. I'm finally reporting it now at 846. Also, although I'm describing the problem for copy/move of photos (since that's the most likely thing to want to copy/move from phone to PC) it is also true of ANY FILE that I want to copy/move from phone to PC.

I have had only Samsung Android phones. Currently I have their latest, S21 Ultra. I've also had S10, S7 and S4.

Problem: When I want to copy/move photos from the \Phone\DCIM\Camera folder on the phone (doesn't matter whether it is on internal "Phone" storage or external SD card storage, if that phone model supports external SD card storage) I navigate to the \Camera folder on the phone and select the "source" photos to be copy/move to the PC. Then, most easily, I typically just use F5 or F6 to copy/move from "source" (i.e. phone) to "target" (i.e. folder on the PC).

So, here's the setup, just before pressing F5/F6 (note that my usual presentation is split-screen top/bottom):

Then, I press either F5 or F6. FCXE responds with the following error message:

However if I use right-button-drag/drop or left-button-drag/drop from from the "source pane" to the "target pane", it works perfectly:

Note that I can also drag/drop from phone to PC using standard Windows File Explorer and two windows (source and target).

Only FCXE and the F5/F6 method from my Android \Camera folder to the PC causes a problem. Doesn't matter if I run FCXE in Admin mode or not. It is the F5/F6 technique which is the root of the problem.

Odamn-Ete

Re: 846: F5/F6 from smart phone (S21 Ultra) "selected items cannot be copied"

#2 Post by Odamn-Ete » 23.05.2021, 23:11

cannot confirm

I can copy from smart phone to folder on my PC using the F5 key (Galaxy S8)

What are your settings for File/Folder operations?

For copy and Move I have 'use FreeCommander' selected.

Best regards,

FreeCommander XE 2021 Build 846 64-bit donor
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 20H2 Build 19042.985

dsperber

Re: 846: F5/F6 from smart phone (S21 Ultra) "selected items cannot be copied"

#3 Post by dsperber » 24.05.2021, 03:54

Indeed. My settings for COPY and MOVE were both set to "use windows".

When I changed this to "use Free Commander" the F5/F6 operations now worked properly.

==> now FOR SURE seems like a bug to me. I would expect that F5/F6 should work properly no matter which method is set for COPY and MOVE.