844 - Crash on screen capture

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Free4all

844 - Crash on screen capture

#1 Post by Free4all » 21.02.2021, 18:36

This may be my last bug report due to the rudeness I recently experienced by a member of this community. It's one thing for a single mean person to be rude, but it's quite another thing for Marek and Dreamer to do nothing about it, and not even let me know that all my help is appreciated. I have not decided how to handle this yet, but my time is valuable, and all my work is clearly not appreciated.

844 64-bit DONOR on Win 7

When attempting to perform a full-screen screen capture using FreeCommander XE, FreeCommander crashes.

STR:
1. Open FreeCommander XE
2. Open the Capture Screenshot UI
3. Select 'Foreground window - entire window'
4. Press the capture button
5. Minimize FreeCommander and wait for the screenshot to take place
6. FreeCommander crashes with the error below. The screenshot is not properly captured.

Attached is a screenshot (taken by a different application) of the error produced.
formarek.png
formarek.png (7.06 KiB) Viewed 12414 times

Marek
Author
Author

Re: 844 - Crash on screen capture

#2 Post by Marek » 21.02.2021, 22:52

This may be my last bug report due to the rudeness I recently experienced by a member of this community. It's one thing for a single mean person to be rude, but it's quite another thing for Marek and Dreamer to do nothing about it, and not even let me know that all my help is appreciated. I have not decided how to handle this yet, but my time is valuable, and all my work is clearly not appreciated.
Thanks for sharing your opinion with us. It is sometimes difficult to judge what is rude to someone. I think we have to react a little faster in the future.
Your bug reports are of course appreciated. Thank you for your support.
1. Open FreeCommander XE
2. Open the Capture Screenshot UI
3. Select 'Foreground window - entire window'
4. Press the capture button
5. Minimize FreeCommander and wait for the screenshot to take place
6. FreeCommander crashes with the error below. The screenshot is not properly captured.
Unfortunatelly with the steps above I can not reproduce the bug. I will try with more tests.

Thanks.

Odamn-Ete

Re: 844 - Crash on screen capture

#3 Post by Odamn-Ete » 23.02.2021, 01:27

Hey Free4all,

Thanks for addressing this issue. I wasn't aware of this wonderful feature until now. Marek's integration beats that of the OS hands down!

I cannot confirm your issue. Whether I manually close/reduce the FC GUI or set Desktop snapshot to automatically hide the FC window, I do not receive an access violation.

I can confirm that the feature is buggy.

As I have no previous experience with the feature, I used a basic setup, i.e. save as file, format PNG.

Then I used the feature to create Snapshots. I toggled between all options in Capture area. I did this various times toggling selections at the bottom of the Setup window.

Irregardles of whether the switch to hide FC window is activated and irregardles of whether Hotkey is assigned, two settings do not function properly.

Foreground window and Foreground window - client area
Both deliver an image consisting only of a black background. If 'Include mouse cursor' is selected, then the file is a black background with the mouse coursor. Depending on which Foreground option is selected, there is a small white bar at the bottom of the image.

Tested with default settings.

I didn't test further settings changes, i.e. saving method. It would be nice to know your settings, to see if they are conditions for the access violation.
Free4all wrote: 21.02.2021, 18:36 ...
5. Minimize FreeCommander and wait for the screenshot to take place...
Is the delay time configurable?

Best regards,

FreeCommander XE 2021 Build 844 64-bit donor
Windows 10 Pro 64-bit Version 20H2 Build 19042.804