841 - Moving large files with Additional Columns in List enabled brings errors

Bugs and issues - current donor version.
Mr-Fly

841 - Moving large files with Additional Columns in List enabled brings errors

#1 Post by Mr-Fly » 27.01.2021, 07:35

Hi.

If you move large files, which take some time and have an additional column, which reads informations from inside the file (in my case it was "Media created"/"Medium erstellt"), the move process will have an error and the file will be copied but not deleted as the delete gets an error.
I tested this with both settings, FC integrated handling and windows handling:
Windows-Handling:
Bring up a windows error that the file cannot be moved, but you have a button to retry. multiple retries needed if it is more than one file
FC Handling:
Error seems to immidiately stop the delete-process, leaving the files that have this error in place and though ending up in a copy rather than a move.
Using FC under: Win10 German (2004+), Server 2016, Server 2019 + Onedrive

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: 841 - Moving large files with Additional Columns in List enabled brings errors

#2 Post by Dreamer » 27.01.2021, 23:29

Which file type is it exactly? I tried to reproduce it, but "Media created" column is empty with all tested files.

I tried to reproduce it with custom and default settings, with additional columns like ID3 tag for mp3 files, EXIF info for jpg files, and length and height for video files, moved to a different disk, no problems, no errors.

Perhaps those files are opened in some external program and they were not closed correctly.

Are you using tree, quick viewer?

FC 841 donor 64-bit, Windows 10 20H2 64-bit.

Mr-Fly

Re: 841 - Moving large files with Additional Columns in List enabled brings errors

#3 Post by Mr-Fly » 28.01.2021, 06:39

It were larger .MOV in heic from an Apple iPhone.
Usually between 15-120 MB. The files were moved from a NAS to local drive. To measure which video was taking when the only value I found so far is „medium erstellt“ as FC cannot read EXIF from HEIC at the Moment.
I believe „Medium erstellt“ is only valid for videos and maybe Audio files.
I was able to watch that FC was doing a refresh on file information in the background while moving the files.
The files have not been opened in any other program at that time.
Using FC under: Win10 German (2004+), Server 2016, Server 2019 + Onedrive