Having problems with drag n drop

Discussion and questions - donor version.
macatk

Having problems with drag n drop

#1 Post by macatk » 20.10.2018, 06:38

I am currently using the newest donor 64 bit versions of FC and I dont know how long this problem has been around but I know its not always been there.

what happens happening is when I try to move from 1 folder to another using the dual panel whatever I trying to move drops into a unknown folder on it own and I been using the search to find the files.

I am using Windows 10 Pro 64 bit and the problem exists on the 2 similar PCs I use,

I tried the options with the dragndrop file and folder operations with no fixes there!

Didn't see any help elsewhere here on the forums or google so posting now for help and feedback.

Though this be best forum to get help but if you want to move the thread please do so Thanks

f

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Having problems with drag n drop

#2 Post by Dreamer » 20.10.2018, 14:18

Could you write some steps to reproduce, test with default settings, where you drop the item, to free space or what is the path of the other panel, what is the path of the "unknown" folder?

macatk

#3 Post by macatk » 24.10.2018, 18:07

The problem come with my dual panel moving files and folders a new location and usually I trying to move the contents to a folder.

When I do that a lot of times as soon as move over a folder icon my dragged items will go a unknown folder as for some reason it wants to drop the files/folder early and once that happens I have use the search to find them and move them to right location.

I seen recently that I can select multi files and folders when my mouse button is held and sometime when I move to the new panel it will try to select multi files/folders as well.

All I know is this never happened with older version of FC or would have asked about this behavior earlier.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 24.10.2018, 19:33

If I understand right, mouse button is released by mistake. This could be caused by broken mouse - HW issue. You can try to use old FC version - just unpack the portable version to new folder and copy the ini file with your settings, just to make sure it's the FC issue and not the mouse issue.

BTW If you move an item by mistake using drag & drop, you can use the undo feature from Explorer as workaround, you don't have to search the item.

https://freecommander.com/en/faq-file-folder-list/#Undo

macatk

#5 Post by macatk » 01.06.2019, 11:18

Anyways new versions seem to minimize the dragging problem but a lot of times I will use menu cut paste to get the work done.