747: bug or setup issue? - Favorites -> Edit, giant font

Discussion and questions - donor version.
dsperber

747: bug or setup issue? - Favorites -> Edit, giant font

#1 Post by dsperber » 30.05.2017, 02:35

I went to remove a folder I'd added to Favorites. Right-click on that folder didn't present a popup menu with DELETE on it, so I instead proceeded through Favorites -> Favorites - edit..., which seemed reasonable.

Well, the dialog then presented appeared to show my current Favorites list so that I could edit it. But the window at the top which shows the current Favorites list seemed to be using a GIANT FONT SIZE (24??)

The actual 2-entry Favorites list is:

And the Favorites - edit presentation looks like this:

So... is this a bug in 747 that needs fixing? Or is there some setting somewhere to adjust the font size used to present the list of favorites?

(sorry if this should be obvious, but I'm a "beginner" and just use basic functionality in FCXE, and can't seem to find any place where there is a setting to control this font is presented for my customizing)

horst.epp

Re: 747: bug or setup issue? - Favorites -> Edit, giant font

#2 Post by horst.epp » 30.05.2017, 10:03

No such problem here with
FreeCommander XE 2017 Build 747 64-bit donor under Windows 10 Creators Update.
May be one of your installed fonts is defect ?
Windows 11 Home x64 Version 23H2 (OS Build 22631.3296)
Everything Version 1.5.0.1371a (x64), Everything Toolbar 1.3.2, Listary Pro 6.3.0.67
FreeCommander XE 2024 Build 905 64-bit donor

Karol

#3 Post by Karol » 30.05.2017, 11:40

Have you high resolution monitor?
Try to set and save the font size and item height for the favorites tree http://www.freecommander.com/fchelpxe/e ... tIcon.html.

dsperber

#4 Post by dsperber » 30.05.2017, 17:28

Karol wrote:Have you high resolution monitor?
Try to set and save the font size and item height for the favorites tree http://www.freecommander.com/fchelpxe/e ... tIcon.html.
You, sir, are a gentleman and a scholar. This was EXACTLY the problem setting I needed to change.

I never touched this setting from its original installed default, but for some reason it displayed as giant.

When I pushed the Font button to see what was causing it, sure enough it was set as Segoe UI font in 56 point size!!!

By contrast, the other Tree item (Desktop) was set to Arial font in 9 point size. And of course it displays nicely. Again, I didn't set this font/size myself, same as I hadn't set the font/size for Favorites myself. Both must have been delivered this way per default installation.

Anyway, all I had to do was change the Favorites font/size from Segoe UI 56 to Arial 9, and sure enough it now displays just fine.

Many thanks for directing me to this setting.

Case closed. (it's a setting, not a bug)