Color/Font: high contrast compatibility

Discussion and questions - donor version.
sativarg

Color/Font: high contrast compatibility

#1 Post by sativarg » 29.11.2015, 01:34

Please consider improving the readability of the search window and the settings dialog for those who use Windows High Contrast themes. I have very poor vision and I require the High Contrast Black theme in windows 10 to work without pain. The text in the renaming fields, in the settings input boxes and in the search dialog all have to be selected to be seen. This is an annoyance that I am sure is simply an oversight due to no one here really needing the High Contrast black theme. Please consider improving this for me. I tried to add some JPG files but they do not attach here.
thanks and blessings
chuck aka Sativarg Millenious aka Apprentice Harper

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Color/Font: high contrast compatibility

#2 Post by Marek » 29.11.2015, 21:49

Send me the screenshots per email and I can check what is possible.

sativarg

Re: Color/Font: high contrast compatibility

#3 Post by sativarg » 07.12.2015, 00:57

Marek wrote:Send me the screenshots per email and I can check what is possible.
thank you Marek

I did send some screen shots and Marek tested the default High contrast themes and some of my modified themes as well. He could not reproduce the problems I was having. I asked him to send me some images of his Freecommander with the themes active and he did. I did not see the obvious at first but it was plane from the images that my settings where the problem. The close, maximize and minimize buttons on my setup were dark with no visible icons. I renamed my settings folder under users... and started Freecommander to see the buttons I mentioned above display correctly and the text in all the dialog windows became visible.

always back up ini files before you open them in an editor... My advice.

I could have just left it at that but I wanted to know what INI entry was the cause. I opened the Freecommander INI I had backed up in Notepad++ and, in another tab, the new INI the program generated. I navigated to plugins/compare and did. There was a lot of "moved" and "new" entries so I used a neat little application called Ini file formatter to sort both the sections and the items of the INI files alphabetically. That was a big help. I was able to eliminate most of the sections and when I got to [Form] I found the Item "DialogsFontUseDefined=1" in the INI. That was highlighted as being different from the INI that was letting me read the fonts in Freecommander. So if you can not read text in input fields in search rename multirename or if the buttons at the upper right corner are blank then check for the INI item value I mentioned. If in the [Form] section of the Freecommander.ini file the Item named "DialogsFontUseDefined" does not have a value of zero 0 then that could be the reason.