Just started using donor 64bit question using old settings

Discussion and questions - donor version.
macatk

Just started using donor 64bit question using old settings

#1 Post by macatk » 14.05.2015, 19:37

Hi
I just started getting the donor FC 64bit to use as a replacement for my 32bit beta install and when I installed directly over the 32bit one I lost all my previous settings including my favorites my shortcuts and other general settings and it looks like program running with default setup. I know first problem was setting the working directory to my install folder like my old setup but when I recopied my backed up old settings folder it still did not use those settings when I tried to reapply them so how are the settings not working?

Is it a case of 32 to 64bit wont transfer or another problem. TIA!
I still like this new donor 64bit version and I will get it setup to how I want it going forward and assume can use the settings for other installs I have.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Just started using donor 64bit question using old settin

#2 Post by Dreamer » 16.05.2015, 16:49

It should work if you didn't use the settings from old 2009 version, which versions are you using - 32/64 bit?

First, make sure the FC is closed while copying the settings folder, then check if the correct folder for settings is used in the new FC, you can check it in menu > help > about > paths info.

If the path is not correct, check the file fcStart.ini - if you want the install folder, use this content:

Code: Select all

[Start]
freeCommanderIniDir=%FcSrcPath%