Option to disable "network location not found" messageboxes

Discussion and questions - donor version.
BGM

Option to disable "network location not found" messageboxes

#1 Post by BGM » 02.02.2013, 20:56

I usually put my computer to sleep at night instead of shutting it down, and leave all my programs running so I can pick up where I left off.

Now, I left FC running, but I had both folder panes open to two different network drives (via unc). One of those is shut down at the moment.

So when I try to switch back to FC, it is frozen - that is, it's entire unresponsive - not even the minimize button works.

So I click the red x button and choose the option to "force close" - and then a message box appears, "network location not found" - of course it isn't found.

After I clicked two of those boxes (which are legitimate), FC comes back to life (and didn't even exit, actually).

Now, I think what happened is that those two messageboxes were open but hidden so I couldn't see or click on them.

I propose an option to disable those messageboxes, or at least to change them to my "default" location, or at least to make sure they are always on top of FC's window when they do appear. Maybe the window pane could change colours or something?
(Windows 10-1909 Professional 64bit)