back forward buttons on top toolbar now showing folder names

Discussion and questions - donor version.
vsrawat

back forward buttons on top toolbar now showing folder names

#1 Post by vsrawat » 18.11.2012, 08:12

I think when I used to rightclick on the back forward buttons on the top toolbar previously, they used to show the list of foldernames history so that I could directly click on any of them to go there.

Today I found that rightclick is not working on back/forward button on main toolbar and it is not showing folder names history. it is directly taking to previous/ next folder one by one.

gone through all settings, couldn't get the method to get folder history on those buttons.

Am I confused about the option being there previously, has that been removed in recent releases, or is it still there and I am missing how to activate folder history on buttons?

Thanks.
--
Rawat

alf5000

Re: back forward buttons on top toolbar now showing folder n

#2 Post by alf5000 » 18.11.2012, 09:02

vsrawat wrote:I think when I used to rightclick on the back forward buttons on the top toolbar previously, they used to show the list of foldernames history
really? as far as I can remember I've never had that behaviour.

there is a dropdown-arrow next to my icon that shows me the foldernames history.
(win10pro x64) - (latest FCXE x64 portable)

vsrawat

#3 Post by vsrawat » 18.11.2012, 09:43

alf5000 wrote:
vsrawat wrote:I think when I used to rightclick on the back forward buttons on the top toolbar previously, they used to show the list of foldernames history
really? as far as I can remember I've never had that behaviour.

there is a dropdown-arrow next to my icon that shows me the foldernames history.
ok. so it must be clicking on the downloarrow to show history, but when I am clicking on it, it is going forward/back to the folders. it is not showing me history. That is what I want - to see the history.

I don't know what I have tweaked to let go of that feature.

Thanks.
--
Rawat

alf5000

#4 Post by alf5000 » 18.11.2012, 19:56

this might help:
Tools --> Customize Toolbar --> select the toolbar containing your History-icon --> select the broken History-icon and click on details ".." --> check if "Use internal popup menu" is set to: $FcPopup_HistoryFolders
(win10pro x64) - (latest FCXE x64 portable)

vsrawat

#5 Post by vsrawat » 18.11.2012, 21:15

yup that did it.

in my installation, "Use internal popup menu" for history icon was not set to anything. That was somehow blank. I set that to $FcPopup_HistoryFolders as you told, and it is showing history correctly now.

Thanks.
--
Rawat