FYI: Listary and FCXE

Discussion and questions - donor version.
LongTTH

Re: FYI: Listary and FCXE

#16 Post by LongTTH » 08.07.2013, 02:22

BGM wrote:In your Listary settings, go to "By Window Type" toward the bottom, and in the checkbox list, make sure FreeCommander XE is checked.
yes, my listary has checked. It works with OLD FC well, but with the new fxce, it doesn't work at all.

BGM

#17 Post by BGM » 08.07.2013, 03:33

You are right. Actually, mine is stuck, too. I've got the Listary settings correct, but Listary's search box won't pop up.

I've noticed these things:
1. I can't seem to disable FCXE's own search-as-you-type box - the option should appear in FCXE's Settings under "Quicksearch/filter/starter", but it's not there.
2. Middle-click doesn't bring up the Listary menu unless you have checked "Enable local hot keys..." in the Window Type section of Settings.

Ah, here is how to do it:
In the Listary settings, go to Hotkeys.
Set the hotkey for "Show Listary toolbar". I set mine to alt+w so I could do it with my left hand even my right hand is on the mouse.
Apply.

Now, even in FCXE, that hotkey will bring up the Listary search toolbar, and you can search with it.
The problem however becomes this: after you select the folder with Listary, the focus is not reset to FCXE.
I'll mention this to Mr. Dai, the owner of Listary.
Last edited by BGM on 10.07.2013, 13:32, edited 1 time in total.
(Windows 7 Professional 64bit)

LongTTH

#18 Post by LongTTH » 08.07.2013, 07:29

BGM wrote:You are right. Actually, mine is stuck, too. I've got the Listary settings correct, but Listary's search box won't pop up.

I've noticed these things:
1. I can't seem to disable FCXE's own search-as-you-type box - the option should appear in FCXE's Settings under "Quicksearch/filter/starter", but it's not there.
2. Middle-click doesn't bring up the Listary menu unless you have checked "Enable local hot keys..." in the Window Type section of Settings.

Ah, here is how to do it:
In the Listary settings, go to Hotkeys.
Set the hotkey for "Show Listary toolbar". I set mine to alt+w so I could do it with my left hand even my right hand is on the mouse.
Apply.

Now, even in FCXE, that hotkey will bring up the Listary search toolbar, and you can search with it.
The problem however becomes this: after you select the folder with Listary, the focus is not reset to FCXE.
I'll mention this to Mr. Channing, the owner of Listary.
Thanks BGM, it works now!

preisl

#19 Post by preisl » 10.07.2013, 12:13

It would be nice if the builtin search-as-you-type feature could be disabled to eliminate the need of the hotkey ...

however, there's a second issue, when I search a folder in Listary, open the folder this folder is opened properly in FCXE, BUT then ".." (go to parent folder) is not working any more.

best regards,

Martin

yuuta

#20 Post by yuuta » 23.07.2013, 22:44

Strange, mine was working fine yesterday. But today, listary doesn't work properly, listary no longer shown relative to the active list. Instead, it displays in the center of the screen, and after I type something, it opens the default file manager (set to Explorer). I've set hotkey and FreeCommander XE in By Window Type is already checked. So, whats going on? :?

Edit: Okay, I got it worked after few experiments. It seems Listary doesn't work when FreeCommander is running with Administrator privilege. In this case, Listary also must be running with Admin priv to get it working with FreeCommander running with Admin priv.

Hilario

#21 Post by Hilario » 30.08.2018, 17:27

Hello, any new about this point?
I see that Listary 5 search-as-you-type function works with FreeCommander but not with FreeCommander XE
Thanks for any suggestion