Tabs should remember the previous position of the scroll bar

Suggestions and feature requests.
(o-o)

Tabs should remember the previous position of the scroll bar

#1 Post by (o-o) » 16.10.2007, 20:22

Note: Subject has been changed from "Tabs should..." to "Tabs should remember the previous position of the scroll bar". -Dreamer

Tabs should remember the previous position of the scroll bar.

Currently,when switching between the tabs it annoys me a little that I always have to scroll down to the old position again. This especially holds for somewhat larger folders when I am doing copy and paste of files (e.g. for sorting photos...)
(However, I have no idea if this possible... And not to forget: Nevertheless the tabs are a very useful functionality!!)

Dreamer
Site Admin

#2 Post by Dreamer » 17.10.2007, 01:27

I support this request.

BigKnipple

#3 Post by BigKnipple » 20.04.2008, 21:29

I too would very much like to see this feature in FC!

It would also be great if each tab showed only the desired folder & files. For example, I use a tab to keep a particular folder or subfolder open. I use another tab to keep a different folder or subfolder open on the same drive. when I switch tabs I don't want to see the open folder/subfolder from any other tabs as is currently the modus operandi.

clanman

#4 Post by clanman » 24.04.2008, 01:12

I would like to add my support to this request. :D

PowerMonkey

#5 Post by PowerMonkey » 19.05.2008, 23:57

BigKnipple wrote:I too would very much like to see this feature in FC!

It would also be great if each tab showed only the desired folder & files. For example, I use a tab to keep a particular folder or subfolder open. I use another tab to keep a different folder or subfolder open on the same drive. when I switch tabs I don't want to see the open folder/subfolder from any other tabs as is currently the modus operandi.
Yes!!!! This is exactly what I would love to see in FC! :D :!:

BigKnipple

This Is Possible!

#6 Post by BigKnipple » 05.04.2009, 01:32

I've recently started using a single-pane file management program called CubicExplorer. (Version .90 FINAL was just released.) Not only does CE have the ability to 'remember' the scroll bar position for each tab, but it also maintains separate views for each tab. (You don't see the folders that are open in the other tabs.) :D

While I'm at it, another feature CE has that I would love to see in FreeCommander is the ability to drag a file from one tab to the next in the same viewing pane. FC differs in that it allows you to drag from one pane to the next, but not from one tab to another tab in the same pane.

Maybe the all-new version of FreeCommander will contain these features. :?:

Thanks for reading!