More default folders and if possible in one iconbar

Suggestions and feature requests.
Mago

More default folders and if possible in one iconbar

#1 Post by Mago » 05.06.2008, 21:04

One of the nice features of FreeCommander is that several default folders like "My Documents" and "Desktop" can be opened with a single mouse click on an icon in the iconbar. FreeCommander reads the locations directly from the registry and this very usefull when using the program from an USB stick.

Windows XP and Vista have more default folders (e.g. for pictures, music, video) that can be found in:

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Explorer\Shell Folders

and

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\explorer\Shell Folders

It would be very usefull if more of these default folders are available with a single mouseclick. I'd love to have a seperate iconbar with all my default locations.

clanman

#2 Post by clanman » 06.06.2008, 05:38

Most of this is already done with entries in the Folder 1 and Folder 2 toolbars (Extras->Settings->View->Toolbar).

Entries not shown here can be added to the Favorite folder option. However I do agree it would be nice to add the missing folders and perhaps even combine the "special" folders on to a single toolbar. :D
Regards

Clanman
Using FreeCommander XE 2022 Build 860 32-bit public on Windows 11