Dos Prompt Improvement

Suggestions and feature requests.

When a key is pressed --> Automatic focus on the dos prompt : Good Idea ?

Yes
60%
No
40%

Total votes: 5

ScanxTaz

Dos Prompt Improvement

#1 Post by ScanxTaz » 21.03.2008, 11:36

Hi,

I think it's very useful to have a direct access to the dos prompt, without a click before....

In fact, it's really fast when you want change your current drive to a network share or drive directly via the dos prompt... Or directly type a dos command, or anything else...

ScanxTaz

#2 Post by ScanxTaz » 04.04.2008, 14:49

Any response ? I find that's a really strong difference between TC and FC... Very useful to don't use the mouse ! (Or have 30 share drives connected on your computer permanently)

Mr-Fly

#3 Post by Mr-Fly » 04.04.2008, 21:59

have you tried ALT+G to get to the PathBox to enter a path ?

Did you try CTRl+SHIFT+Space to get into the command line ?
(Enable Command Line through Settings / View / DOS Prompt / Show Command Line)

Did you try CTRL-D to get a command-line box in the current selected path ?

for me, that is enough command line so far :-)

btw. I never user the mouse with FC.

And the typing: I use that a lot for the quicksearch of files in the panes, you dont ?

Regards
Thorsten
Using FC under: Win10 German (2004+), Server 2016, Server 2019 + Onedrive

ScanxTaz

#4 Post by ScanxTaz » 07.04.2008, 09:57

Hi Mr-Fly,

Thanks for all the shorctuts, it will be very useful ;) And, indeed, I haven't try these...

I continue to think that a direct access to the dos prompt (and not a direct search in the filename) is more interessant, but it's my opinion...

But, it miss still one important aspect in the direct network access : When you have a shared drive who needs an authentication, FC doesn't ask you to authentify, it says "No drive found"...

dushevny

Re: Dos Prompt Improvement

#5 Post by dushevny » 10.04.2008, 14:08

ScanxTaz wrote:I think it's very useful to have a direct access to the dos prompt, without a click before....
10 times "Yes". Using most of programs with command-line interface (GCC for example), it's very uncomfortable to press some hotkey sequence (unchangeable, btw) before entering command. Noone file manager I used before required hotkey sequnce to enter command.

One more desired feature is to grab cli-programs output to some buffer and show it by some hotkey like it was in DOS NC and FAR (Ctrl-O hides panels and shows last program output). I know about Alt-Enter hotkey, but 9 times of 10 you need to see the output of program after it has done some job in unexpected way and window is closed. And you can't reproduce the same situation by simply re-typing command because some files has changed already.