Undo / Redo

Suggestions and feature requests.
Century22

Is anyone working on this function?

#16 Post by Century22 » 01.12.2009, 14:25

I quickly discovered that I need this function.

It is unbelievable that so many lesser products have it and Free Commander does not.

MilesAhead

Undo

#17 Post by MilesAhead » 27.12.2009, 20:51

Undo and if somehow possible, a 64 bit version, I think would put FreeCommander back on top. I hang out on a board where all you hear about for favorite file manager is D.O. When I look through the list of features, it sounds just like FreeCommander to me. Only difference is apparently there's an undo feature and a 64 bit version.

I still have Delphi 5 so I know it's not trivial to go to 64 bit. That's why I haven't found a way to do it myself with compilers. Don't have big bucks to shell out. But I'm hoping FreeCommander makes the jump. WOW and registry and folder redirection aside, I notice on my 64 bit OS there can be long lags that I don't experience on 32 bit. For example with only 2 panes open, I click the mouse on a file in the other pane. It's not highlighted for 3 or 4 seconds. It just lags on 64 bit.

Been using FC for years so I hope it somehow reincarnates as a 64 bit app.
"How come we don't know the I.Q. of the guy who invented the test?"

JohnFredC

Re: Undo

#18 Post by JohnFredC » 03.01.2010, 04:16

MilesAhead wrote:When I look through the list of features, it sounds just like FreeCommander to me. Only difference is apparently there's an undo feature and a 64 bit version.
Don't kid yourself. FreeCommander is a great tool (esp. since it is free) and I don't personally care for the way DO does things, but the two are not comparable. Check out the DO toolbar management and scripting, for instance.

For superficial use, most file commanders are similar, especially in appearance. But they differ greatly in the "depths" and there are very good reasons for choosing one over another.
Mouse-centric