After sticking more than ten years with your competition I decided to try FreeCommander.
It's fast, and very well designed. I changed a few keyboard shortcuts to fit my grown habits, and it works just fine. Please take the handful of suggestions below as a compliment - I would not attempt to improve a software if it wasn't almost perfect
- cursor left=activate left pane, cursor right=activate right pane (these are keys I used extremely often in my previous 2-pane-file manager...)
- should remember last file ending, e.g. *.doc
- should remember containing text, last date and size settings if activated by a tick box (would be nice if the tick box set itself once you start changing a setting)
- should remember sort order, by default last modified on top (you want to find the last version of your document, right?); currently it uses always "alphabetic inside the same folder", which is pretty useless
- when two paths are defined in favourites, a left+right logic should be used, not active/inactive (imagine one of the favourites is USB archives vs hard disk archives - can cause havoc to confuse sides...)
- Quick Filter:
a) toggling would be nice, e.g. Ctrl F to get focus and type *.doc, Ctrl F again to restore *.*
b) should wait until typing finished, because e.g. ".a" on a network drive can be horribly slow
Suggestions and feature requests.
1 post • Page 1 of 1
Who is online
Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests