speedup FTP client...

Suggestions and feature requests.
SenseMaker

speedup FTP client...

#1 Post by SenseMaker » 28.06.2010, 17:54

Hi... before I give a try this WinSCP plugin because of one reason: the FC FTP Client is very slow by it's uploading / downloading rate. The reason is not slow FTP servers, by sure. Did different tests.

... actually FC FTP Client works only at 25 kb/sec for the upload, too slow :roll: compared with a separate FTP client (e.g. using since years freeware version WS_FTP LE 6.0) I succeed for the same FTP server address an upload rate of 600 kbps. (Rec.: Generally with WS_FTP I reach a maximum of up to 1.1 Mbps experienced on different FTP server addresses).

Same problem (I would like to name it a problem if FC FTP works onl at 3% of the possible server capacity :( ) for download rate. Generally with WS_FTP I get a maximum of 3.4 MBbps download rate. But with FC FTP Client I only reach 10% (max. 335-340kbps) of it. Very bad... its a real big loss of time.

I have a 12000 DSL connection with 10/100MB Network Cable and a speedy 4 GHz Double Core Vista DEll Studio Laptop, so good conditions to use FTP data transfers of high data transfer rates. But I'd like to keep FreeCommander as File manager as front end, without the need to open seperately extra programs as I need heavily FTP. I really love FreeCommander, its so useful... and it would give me a more easy handling to use same the integrated FTP client :P

Simple question: Is there any option to speed up the FC FTP Client same for upload and for download rate ?

Thank's already now... warm regards... SM.

safa

Re: speedup FTP client...

#2 Post by safa » 03.05.2011, 17:19

+1