Set Image as wallpaper

Suggestions and feature requests.
gmacri

Set Image as wallpaper

#1 Post by gmacri » 04.11.2007, 14:05

:D Hi

I was thinking that the option "set image as wallpaper" wolud be a very practical tool to add in future versions.

Best regards

Dreamer
Site Admin

#2 Post by Dreamer » 04.11.2007, 16:45

Not a bad idea, but there are other programs with such a feature, e.g.:

XnView (freeware) - Shell Extension - very useful, just right click the image in FC, you'll see the preview and you can also set image as wallpaper.

Another great tool is HotkeyP, small 103kB freeware! There are following "wallpaper" features in HotkeyP:

Random wallpaper, Next wallpaper, Previous wallpaper

You just have to define path to folder with images and these will be changed every day (or when you start the computer), or also manually by hotkey, or tray icon menu. It's possible also to use it with any scheduler, then wallpaper can be changed also one per hour for example. You can manage the folder with images (in FC of course :) ). I use this combination - HotkeyP + FC too.

BTW There are also other useful features in HotkeyP, not just "wallpaper" features.

gmacri

set wallpaper

#3 Post by gmacri » 07.11.2007, 16:49

:) Ok Dreamer, I agree, also with Irfanview we can set the wallpaper, but we must open other program...
When we are in FreeCommander thumbnails view, the idea is to set the wallpaper right from the FreeCommander window.(xyplorer has this option too).

Best regards

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 08.11.2007, 00:04

You don't have to open xnview, you can do it from FC window, just right click the image and use XnView Shell Extension (part of XnView), also preview of the image is show, it's useful too.

You can download XnView Shell Extension also separately, here.

I don't think it would be useless feature, but there are other, more important features to implement - without any workarounds.