Request to be able to customize a folder to an icon

Suggestions and feature requests.
Mitsubishiman

Request to be able to customize a folder to an icon

#1 Post by Mitsubishiman » 28.02.2010, 19:02

Hello and let me start by saying Thank You for the program, it took me about 5 minutes to donate to your cause.
I recently bought a PC with W7, and I completely hate the “Libraries”, I am anal about my file organization and I have nothing on my C:/ except the OS and the programs, at Home I have 3 PCs in a network and a NAS Server which is divided into separate Drives M:/ Music, P:/ Pictures, etc.
So since I do not have Folders/Files scattered throughout my system and I do not loose my files on a daily basis, libraries are of no use to me.
There is something I have done for a long time and that is to customize my folders with an icon – because I see colors quicker than I recognize text, I have a collection of icons that you would never believe.
I created a folder in the C:/ called “My Icons” and they are all stored there and the same folder is in all of my boxes so the view appears the same on all machines.
So my Question/Request is based more on a function that occurs with a folder located on a NAS server, there is no ability to customize a folder on the NAS, I have to create the folder in explorer on one of the internal drives – then customize the icon – then move the folder to the NAS and the icon will be there, it would be nice if this were possible to perform the customization directly in FreeCommander, I am not a programmer and it appears this is a M$ Windows/NAS issue and may not be able to be rectified other than my backdoor method, but it seems strange that if I am able to do it in the first place – what is the issue with the creation/destination zone.