Separators in folder favorites list

Suggestions and feature requests.
Philip Goddard

Separators in folder favorites list

#1 Post by Philip Goddard » 13.08.2009, 09:24

With FC it's truly amazing how when I want to do something that I've never been able to in a file manager before, on a careful search I find that FC does it simply and easily (and more!).

The folder favorites option is great, but there's one little detail that could make it still more effective to use.

When the favorites list gets at all long (as mine already is), it really isn't quite enough to be able to manually reorder the list to put like together with like. What would make for much greater clarity then is the ability to add a separator line between groups of entries in the list. Possibly still more useful in some cases would be the option of including a very short title in the separator line.

Thank you again for the most tremendous file manager!

(later edit)
Actually, it's occurred to me that the favorites list would be even more easy to use when long if there were the option to colour code groups of favorites.
--[url=http://www.philipgoddard.com/index.htm]Philip[/url]

HeiWoMa

Re: Separators in folder favorites list

#2 Post by HeiWoMa » 16.11.2010, 09:37

I run on RC-514 at this time.
I agree to Philip. My favorites list is also quite long and Separator lines would be great.
At this state I have gone around it by add a line in Favorites like:
----------------------------=C:\temp
this shows a "virtual" Separator line. When I click on it then it opens in C:\temp but that doesn't matter.
You can have even a "Header" in the Separator line like:
--- Tools ------------------=C:\temp
-- Regards, HeiWoMa --
Run FC on: Win10 x64 (English), Win10 x64 (German), Win7 x64 (German)

Philip Goddard

Re: Separators in folder favorites list

#3 Post by Philip Goddard » 16.11.2010, 10:29

That's brilliant - and obvious, once one actually thinks of it! :D Thanks for the suggestion, HeiWoMa!

I've immediately done the honours in my Favorites list. In my case I named each separator "----------------------------(n)", where 'n' is a digit. If I didn't put the digit there (preferred), FC would remove all but one, as evidently it doesn't allow more than one favorite with the same name. I personally preferred not to add any title in the separator line, for to me it's clearer to keep text out of the separator and to keep it to just a line.

I found that FC didn't require me to have any path set for those separator lines, and so I have them pathless.
--[url=http://www.philipgoddard.com/index.htm]Philip[/url]