Create Shortcut in context menu

Suggestions and feature requests.
waterpolo

Create Shortcut in context menu

#1 Post by waterpolo » 26.02.2009, 23:15

I miss the option "create shortcut" in the context menu after I have copied a folder.
Sometimes you want to have a link (shortcut).

This feature is available in the windows explorer.

JohnDen

Re: Create Shortcut in context menu

#2 Post by JohnDen » 11.05.2010, 21:20

This is also for me a thing I very much miss. I am often copying an *.exe (or another file/folder) and then creating a shortcut link to that *.exe/file/folder in the Windows Start menu. I'd love to be able to do all that inside FreeCommander. Now I must first copy the file/folder in FreeCommander, then open Windows Explorer to just paste a shortcut link to Windows Start menu.

But think: That is about all I miss in FreeCommander! Which means that FreeCommander really is MORE than great a program. :-) And I've tested probably all the file managers available. Thank you for this beautiful, beautiful application. :-)

granny

#3 Post by granny » 17.05.2010, 07:03

Hmmm. I do have "create shortcut" in the FreeCommander context menu.

If I have a file or folder selected, context menu offers "create shortcut", clicking it immediately creates a shortcut in the same folder as the selected item.

If I right-click an empty space in file-list, and select "New >> Shortcut", it opens the Shortcut Wizard, and I can create a shortcut that way.

Also, you can press ALT key while you drag & drop to force a shortcut link to be created at the drop point.
To add a shortcut to the Start Menu, select the item, press ALT and Left-click, keep the mouse button pressed, and use your Win (logo) key to pop open the Start Menu, and drop your item on the Start Menu. You can drop it on the main menu, or hover over "All Programs" until that menu opens, then drop it there.

Hope this helps.

JohnDen

#4 Post by JohnDen » 18.05.2010, 00:03

That does it. A bit differently than what I meant, but that DOES it.

Thank you ever so much, Granny! :D