FreeComander crash when killed from Process.exe

Bugs and issues.
graheda

FreeComander crash when killed from Process.exe

#1 Post by graheda » 07.05.2008, 13:13

Hi,
I'm running freecommander from my USB-stick and have a script that searches for processes running on current drive and each process that is found is killed by an application called Process.exe (I'm not allowed to post URL's so I guess you'll need to search for it at beyondlogic)
process is executed with argument "-q" meaning that its sending WM_CLOSE message to the application. Example:
"Process.exe -q freecommander.e"

From 2007.10 and onwards I get an error msgbox when process.exe is terminating frecommander.exe.

The message box states:

Access violation at address 31203630. Read of address 31203630.
or...
Access violation at address 00605ED5 in module 'FreeCommander.exe'. Read of address 64616566.
or...
Access violation at address 706F4362. Read of address 706F4362.
I'll use win2000 on HP8440.

It's not a big issue, but as it didn't behave like this before 2007.10 (or even 2007.10a) it might be possible to backtrack what change that causing this.

BR,
Stefan

Marek
Author
Author

#2 Post by Marek » 14.05.2008, 20:25

You should do not use the option "Process close as minimize".
If the FreeCommander is minimized in system tray and you call the Close function from the popup menu, the WM_CLOSE message will be performed. I think it works.

graheda

#3 Post by graheda » 26.05.2008, 16:06

Thanks Marek for a quick reply and sorry for my late response to that.
"Process close as minimize" is disabled when I get the crash.

However when I enable "Process close as minimize" and use process.exe to terminate freecommander it first get minimized and on the second attempt it kills freecommander without any crash.
So enabling "Process close as minimize" actually solves my problem but it doubles the time it takes for process.exe to terminate freecommander.

So when "Process close as minimize" is enabled freecommander accepts VM_CLOSE

"Minimize to system tray" disabled = crash
"Minimize to system tray" enabled = crash
"Minimize to system tray" and "Process close as minimize" enabled = no crash

I have now migrated from win2000 to Vista and it's the same thing except that the command is now "Process.exe -q freecommander.exe"

I hope that this can be some input for you.