Trouble with Universal Viewer loading

Bugs and issues.
billdmcgee

Trouble with Universal Viewer loading

#1 Post by billdmcgee » 25.09.2012, 17:34

I have set up Universal Viewer as my file viewer but I have to reconnect it every time I shut down FreeCommander! I have to seek the executable file each time I restart the program before it will allow me to view the files via Universal Viewer. I have tried other viewers and they do the same thing. I am using Windows 7 Home premiere on a brand new laptop with a second generation i7 processor and 8gb of memory. Anybody have this problem?

Scott_Y

Re: Trouble with Universal Viewer loading

#2 Post by Scott_Y » 25.09.2012, 19:08

What version of FC are you using?

I presume you specified Universal Viewer in Settings > Programs > Viewers.

You said you "have to seek the executable file each time" you restart FC. Can you give a bit more detail: What error message do you receive, then what do you do to redirect FC to your viewer?

Are you running as Administrator? If not, you might try setting Universal Viewer to run as an administrator. (Go to the executable file's properties, Compatibility tab.) Just a guess.

billdmcgee

#3 Post by billdmcgee » 25.09.2012, 20:29

I am using 2009.02b

Yes, I have made Universal Viewer the specified external viewer as you stated.

To select a viewer the term used in FC is "Seek program"...when going to Settings, programs, external viewers... I do not get an error message...the viewer opens just fine but the view is garbled unless I go through the entire process of "seeking" external viewer program then selecting the executable file...then it works fine until I close FC

I did try to run as administer... no luck...good idea though.

Scott_Y

#4 Post by Scott_Y » 26.09.2012, 17:21

Thanks for the additional information. I suggest you try upgrading to FC-XE. Although it is a beta preview, it is stable and much more functional that 2009x http://www.freecommander.com/fc_beta_en.htm. And in any case, 2009 is not being developed anymore.

Let us know if that solves your problem.

billdmcgee

#5 Post by billdmcgee » 26.09.2012, 17:39

Thanks I will give it a whirl!