Cannot add or delete Favorite Folders anymore

Bugs and issues.
vsg

Cannot add or delete Favorite Folders anymore

#1 Post by vsg » 01.11.2011, 18:00

2009.02b / WINXP PRO SP3

First I was able to add Favorite Folders (SHIFT+CTRL+V). The added folder showed up in the list of Favorites.

Nowadays when I add a new Favorite Folder it still shows up in the list, but when I close and restart FreeCommander, the newly created Favorit has disappeared from the list.

The list shows only Favorites which were created before this problem started.
The list of Favorites appears to be frozen; after deleting one or more favorites, these Favorites reappear after closing and restarting FreeCommander.

The "FreeCommander.ini" remains untouched when adding or deleting Favorites.
There are no items added in the DirFavorit-section in "FreeCommander.ini". Also the modification date of the INI file is not changed over 7 months.

What's causing this situation ?

Marek
Author
Author

Re: Cannot add or delete Favorite Folders anymore

#2 Post by Marek » 01.11.2011, 19:28

Have you tried Extras->Save settings? Is your folder with settings (the location of the freecommandr.ini you can check under Help->About) writable?

vsg

Re: Cannot add or delete Favorite Folders anymore

#3 Post by vsg » 02.11.2011, 04:27

Thank you for your reply.

I clicked Extras->Save settings.
A window popped up saying "Cannot create C:\program .... \FreeCommander.ini" - Access denied.
I took a closer look at the file attribute. It was writable allright, but it was hidden. (did that myself a few months ago).
When I changed the attribute to unhidden the INI file was accessable again. My settings could be saved again.

So that solved the problem.
Still, I would think the hidden attribute should not affect the INI file. Seems like bug anyway.

Again, thanks for your reply.