Drag & Drop: Issue copying files from one pane to other

Bugs and issues.
Agathodaimon

Drag & Drop: Issue copying files from one pane to other

#1 Post by Agathodaimon » 15.11.2007, 01:15

Hi,

first of all i have to say i am quite impressed already by this tool, and you will surely get a donation from me when my tests are succesful :D

I am testing the latest version (2007.10 from 27.10.2007) on Windows XP SP2, using two panes vertically split with tree view for both.

Issue:
When i copy marked files from one pane to the other by using drag and drop, i can't use the pane from which i dragged until the copy is finalized.
You can browse in the tree view to other folders, but can't perform any action on files.
Using the copy function (e.g. by Shift+F5 or button) everything works fine and the copy happens in the background.

If you need more info, you'll surely let me know :)

Cheers

Agathodaimon

Self-Reply: Drag & Drop: Issue copying files...

#2 Post by Agathodaimon » 19.11.2007, 18:50

Hi,

after more intense testing i just ran into a worse problem.

While moving a bunch of large files over my local network (with F6 from upper pane [network drive] to lower [fixed disk] to be precise), i was sorting the files into subfolders one by one, creating new sub-folders with F7, renaming some files with F2 and moving them with F6 into the subfolders.
This second operation happened also from upper to lower pane, but on same local disk (so no copy and delete, but just moving the file handle - i think).

After a short while Freecommander was not reacting anymore, but was blocked by the "Move" from Network drive. It reacted like a background windows, e.g. when you have a dialog window open. After cancelling the activity the program behaviour went back to normal.

I removed the program from my computer in the meantime, as it is not mature enough to work as a filecommander for me :(

Back to good old Explorer ;)

Hope it works for you out there - maybe i'll give it a try again in 2008/09 :-)

Cheers

Dreamer
Site Admin

#3 Post by Dreamer » 20.11.2007, 00:09

Confirmed. When I drag the first file, it works, then it doesn't work - even F5 doesn't work!

You can use F5 / F6 shortcuts or splitter copy/move buttons as workaround.