Some date differences not recognized... and other sync bugs

Bugs and issues.
Seresear

Some date differences not recognized... and other sync bugs

#1 Post by Seresear » 20.09.2009, 17:07

Hi guys.
FreeCommander is a great program, but I think to have found some bugs.

BUG 1: some date difference not recognized

There is an example of 3 couple of identical files (but with different dates in the same couple):

Comparing them, the date difference of one couple of them is not recognized:

The date is different but it's not recognized as such.
Imho this is a bug.

Please note that the second couple of files have 1 sec difference time too, but this is recognized.

BUG 2: file shown as different but they aren't as such

If I choose to ignore the "1 hour time delay" the files are shown in red, then as DIFFERENT!

But... I chosen to ignore the "1 hour time delay"... why this affects the "file differences detection"? I find this a programming error, I could say a bug.

BUG 3: if I not check "ignore date", CRC and content are not compared

I know that only if I select "ignore date" CRC or content is compared, and this is written in the help file (then is a known thing)... but I find this a conceptual error, because when I check "by CRC" and this not happens... this is an error, not? "Bug" in this sense.
I would compare the files byte by byte AND at the same time detect the date differences... and in this way I can't. :(
However, imho, until I cannot compare the files byte by byte AND at the same time detect the date differences, when I check "by CRC" or "by content" the "ignore date" should be automatically checked, and when I uncheck "ignore date" the by CRC and "by content" should be automatically unchecked.