Toggle "By click on item icon" in thumbnails view

Suggestions and feature requests.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Toggle "By click on item icon" in thumbnails view

#1 Post by Dreamer » 10.11.2019, 14:51

Largest space of the item in details and list view is name, so I'm using it for item open with a single click.
I'm using item icon to "focus" item and file extension to "select".

Anyway, largest space of the item in thumbnails view is icon, so I'd like to use different option in thumbnails view only.
File extension is not visible often in thumbnails view, so it would be useful to use different option here too.

I suggest different options in thumbnails view only for:
- "By click on item icon"
- "By click on extension or free space in label"

Perhaps also option to use "focus item only in thumbnails view - on item name/label".

Or just a single option "Toggle the option "By click on item icon" with the option for item label (name) in thumbnails view", so if a user use a single click for label/name and "focus" (or "select") for "By click on item icon", it would work vice versa in thumbnails view only.

Another reason for this option is, that it's not possible to open the item with single or even double click on icon in thumbnails view.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Toggle "By click on item icon" in thumbnails view

#2 Post by Dreamer » 05.02.2020, 21:49

Workaround - ini option added in 813. Thanks, Marek.
- Implemented: New option to define in the [Form] section of the freecommander.ini - ThumbOpenAndSelectMode=1 ;
When this line is defined, a click on the symbol opens the file / folder and a click on the label selects the file / folder.

famine

#3 Post by famine » 16.02.2020, 16:26

In thumbnail mode, you can change the operation to click thumbnail to enter the subdirectory, click the name of the folder to select, so it is much easier to rename or do other operations.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 16.02.2020, 18:19

With the ini option you can open subfolder with left click, focus item clicking the name label and select the item clicking the extension / name end to select, if you use the option for that.