Switch images with mouse wheel in viewer and quick viewer

Suggestions and feature requests.
Dreamer
Site Admin

Switch images with mouse wheel in viewer and quick viewer

#1 Post by Dreamer » 08.09.2019, 18:15

Some time ago I found a FC feature to switch tabs with the mouse wheel, if the cursor is over the tab bar. It's useful, but why not use a wheel also in viewer and quick viewer?

I requested Custom mouse shortcuts and Internal image viewer mouse shortcuts 12 years ago.

This time I just suggest to add one useful feature, which is implemented in most or all image viewers...

- Switch images with mouse wheel in viewer and quick viewer

Currently wheel work to zoom images, but only in quick viewer, it doesn't work in viewer, anyway, the option is needed, if the feature above would be implemented.

Another "issue", Ctrl+wheel has no function at all, often it has the opposite function as wheel, so perhaps the option like this could be added:

- Use mouse wheel to:
(o) Zoom
( ) Switch files

(Ctrl+wheel will use the opposite option)

Thanks.

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: Switch images with mouse wheel in viewer and quick viewer

#2 Post by Dreamer » 16.02.2020, 21:20

Thanks for adding this feature, Marek, it works with images.

However, it doesn't work with videos, currently there is no action for wheel for videos, so it could switch files too, if possible.

For non-image and non-video files, especially text files it could switch files too, if mouse cursor is over the toolbar, menu bar and title bar, if possible.

Marek
Author
Author

#3 Post by Marek » 17.02.2020, 20:58

If mouse wheel is set for zoom then Ctrl+Wheel (switch to the next file) works for all file types.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#4 Post by Dreamer » 17.02.2020, 22:11

That's right, but I'm using wheel to switch files, it works with images only, using wheel has no function for videos.

If I need to use both hands and keyboard (Ctrl+wheel), I can use just arrows, with just one hand.

In image viewer I'm using wheel to switch image and videos, it's very useful, so I miss it in FC viewer.

I'm using mouse shortcut right button + wheel to zoom images and right + left mouse button to reset zoom.

Here are existing requests for mouse shortcuts:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=155
http://forum.freecommander.com/viewtopic.php?t=92

EDIT: OK, so some mouse shortcuts already work!?

Left button + wheel - to switch files or zoom, but for zoom it works vice versa, wheel up should zoom in, not zoom out.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 17.02.2020, 22:48

Another issue, when I set option to switch file with the wheel and I reach the root item, I can't move anywhere with mouse wheel, that's another reason to have the option to switch any items with wheel.

Perhaps also text files - if the scroller is not available - if it's available, then switch file over the menu bar, toolbar and title bar - in quick viewer over the title label (that one with the grey [x] button).

One more issue, in the quick viewer wheel to switch images doesn't work until I click the image once, it's the same with zoom option.