Add Copy Path/Name to Context Menu

Suggestions and feature requests.
lordawe

Add Copy Path/Name to Context Menu

#1 Post by lordawe » 13.10.2018, 00:00

Please add the "copy full name" and "copy full path" commands to the context menu.
When using double panes it is not clear which name or path will be copied and I frequently get the opposite panes tree/file copied to the clipboard. If these commands were available in the context (right click) menu the mouse pointer would be in the correct pane and the desired info would be copied.

Karol

Re: Add Copy Path/Name to Context Menu

#2 Post by Karol » 03.11.2018, 14:04

In the address bar you have a button with many "copy path to clipboard" commands.

lordawe

#3 Post by lordawe » 03.12.2018, 18:43

RE:in the address bar you have a button with many "copy path to clipboard" commands:

Yes and there are also hot keys that copy to clipboard but that was not my point. When my mouse is hovering over the file or folder I want copied to the clipboard I would just like to right click and copy the path or filename. When using dual (two) file/folder panes sometimes the "active" path (the one that is going to be copied to the clipboard) is the left pane, sometimes the right, so to ensure I have the correct path/pane I must first activate the path by clicking in the tree, then either navigate to the edit menu, an icon or use the keyboard to copy to clipboard. This would be much easier, efficient and user friendly if the commands were on the context menu

Think of it like the windows "open command window here" command, where "here" is where the mouse is. If your mouse is not on the path then where is "here" ?

I am going to request a different feature - Ability to add ANY FreeCommander command to the context menu - this would be more generic and allow users to add whatever frequently used command to the context menu and would solve my issue.

ralfso

#4 Post by ralfso » 03.12.2018, 19:34

I think it doesn't matter which program makes the context menu entry.
So use e.g. pathcopycopy to get the entries for this:
https://pathcopycopy.github.io/
Regards
Ralf

Win10 (64-bit), Intel i7-2600 (3,4 GHz), 8 GB Ram, 500 GB SSD, 2x2000 GB HD, NVIDIA GeForce 545