Optimizing thumbnail height so there is much less wasted vertical blank space

Suggestions and feature requests.
Strawberry

Optimizing thumbnail height so there is much less wasted vertical blank space

#1 Post by Strawberry » 15.08.2018, 13:47

Hiya,

Feature request:
Optimizing thumbnail height so there is much less wasted/unsightly vertical blank space in thumbnail view.

For example, in a folder where all or most images or videos have a 16:9 (or similar) aspect ratio (which is very frequent),
FreeCommander does not reduce the vertical height of the thumbnails resulting in lot of unsightly and wasted vertical blank space.

Could an option "Adapt thumbnail height to images/videos aspect ratio" be created please?

Could you please let me know if there is any intention of adding such feature so
that I know if I should hold my breath or not about it? Many thanks in advance!

More details:
I believe this should be done on a per row of thumbnails basis i.e.
the height of the all the thumbnails in the same thumbnail row should be reduced
to the height of the image/video which has the biggest height in that row.
It looks Windows File Explorer does that, resulting in much less wasted vertical blank space
in Windows File Explorer than FreeCommander in thumbnail view mode.

Please let me know if this feature/option has any chance of being implemented any time soon, many thanks!

All the best

cogollito al reverso

Re: Optimizing thumbnail height so there is much less wasted vertical blank space

#2 Post by cogollito al reverso » 23.09.2018, 23:14

fyi-I was going to give an example of a GUI that does what you're asking, but on more careful inspection of Faststone Image Viewer, all rows exhibit the same height, regardless of a row containing tall images or not.