keep "splitter" bar onscreen

Suggestions and feature requests.
therealjd

keep "splitter" bar onscreen

#1 Post by therealjd » 14.09.2016, 20:29

I placed my most common selection modes and other functions on the splitter bar, which works out great because i just have to toggle which pane is active and then click the bar for the selections i want. Sometimes i need to maximize the window or go to single pane mode. If i maximize the right pane, the splitter bar stays. (great!) if i maximize the left pane, the splitter bar disappears. (not great). Can we have the option to keep the splitter bar visible regardless of which pane is being maximized?

Thank you!
FC XE 0.760 x86
Win 7 Ent 64bit SP1 |16 GB ram |Intel Core i7-3770
Win 10 Pro Anniversary | 4GB ram

Dreamer
Site Admin

Re: keep "splitter" bar onscreen

#2 Post by Dreamer » 15.09.2016, 01:14

therealjd wrote:If i maximize the right pane, the splitter bar stays. (great!) if i maximize the left pane, the splitter bar disappears. (not great)
For me it works vice versa. Anyway, it's not good, it should work the same.

However, here are few workarounds:

- settings > view > [v] hot spot visible - use this option and you can click the "hotspot" buttons to maximize right or left panel, then the splitter bar is always visible
- use the toggle hotkey - F10 to maximize active panel
- add "Dual/one panel" button for address bar, then it will work as the main Maximize button for FC or any Window

Dreamer
Site Admin

#3 Post by Dreamer » 16.09.2016, 23:55

- Changed: Splitter toolbar should be visible if hot spot buttons are used viewtopic.php?f=20&t=7516
Sorry, but it's not fixed/changed, when clicking the hot spot buttons, it was working good also in 727, the problem is when using F10, or toolbar buttons, or right click menu item "Dual/one panel".

To reproduce, use default settings, go to the right panel, press F10, splitter is not visible, no matter if using hot spot buttons in settings or not.

Marek
Author
Author

#4 Post by Marek » 17.09.2016, 11:06

The change was not for "dual/one panel" - it was nothing changed for that function.
If you click on splitter hot spot button - the splitter (and the splitter toolbar) moves to the left or right border.
In 727 if you moved the splitter and the splitter toolbar to the left - both (splitter and toolbar) was visible. If moved to the right - only splitter was visible but not the splitter toolbar.

Dreamer
Site Admin

#5 Post by Dreamer » 17.09.2016, 11:34

EDIT: I found that just few minutes ago. :)

OK, I think I see the change in 728 now. When using hot spot buttons, the splitter with buttons is always visible.

When using F10, there's no splitter with buttons, but the splitter without buttons is visible only if maximizing left panel, this is not good, it should be the same for both panels.

I guess someone requested to hide splitter, so if using F10, there should be no splitter, or perhaps the option to always show or hide the splitter bar with buttons, or more complex option..

When using the hot spot buttons, always show the splitter with buttons (it works like this in 728)

When using F10/maximize panel button/menu item:
(o) Hide splitter
( ) Show splitter with buttons
( ) Show splitter without buttons