Keep Monitor Desktop Location Separate From Layout Saves

Suggestions and feature requests.
thisguycecil

Keep Monitor Desktop Location Separate From Layout Saves

#1 Post by thisguycecil » 20.05.2015, 07:30

Hello.

Running with v691 on Win7 x64.

I use two monitors constantly in my work environment. Depending on what's on my plate I may have FCXE open either in monitor 1 or 2, primarily to allow another app to also be open in the alternate monitor.

When I save/re-save a custom layout the saved configuration also includes the desktop location of the specific monitor I last made the save. For example, FCXE is open on the desktop for monitor 2 and I modify some layout features--typically, pairs of folder tabs--for the currently active custom layout, re-save it, then close FCXE. When I re-open FCXE it will appear on that same monitor's desktop. To be clear, I think this is a great feature.

However, while FCXE is open on monitor 2, if I then select a different custom layout that second layout may--depending on which desktop I last saved it on--cause FCXE to move to that latter desktop. I was intuitively expecting it to stay on monitor 2, not get shifted to monitor 1.

My feature request: Have a setting which permits the user to choose whether the open session/instance of FCXE can temporarily override the monitor desktop location information contained in custom layouts. The net effect would thus be that every custom layout selection change during that same session would respect the monitor which the FCXE session was opened on originally.

Hope I explained this clearly enough. Thanks.